𝙐𝙣𝙙𝙚𝙧𝙨𝙩𝙖𝙣𝙙𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙙𝙤𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙖𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙁𝙖𝙘𝙚𝙗𝙤𝙤𝙠 𝙖𝙙𝙨 𝙜𝙖𝙢𝙚 𝙞𝙨 (𝙞𝙣 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙨𝙝𝙤𝙧𝙩-𝙩𝙚𝙧𝙢) 𝙩𝙝𝙚 𝙗𝙚𝙨𝙩 𝙬𝙖𝙮 𝙩𝙤 𝙗𝙚 𝙨𝙪𝙘𝙘𝙚𝙨𝙨𝙛𝙪𝙡 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙚-𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙧𝙘𝙚 𝙧𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙬.
Here are my 4 ‘value’ cents which pretty much any established or startup e-commerce brand can implement (in no particular order; make sure you know where are you in the business lifecycle) to get decent results with paid media.
Let me know if you want to know more about e-commerce lifecycle and how knowing yours can make or break your marketing efforts.
Bellow is a clothing brand, which already had a steady stream of organic sales before we had intercepted with our strategies. Nothing major, no crazy 10X ROAS (yet ), just one month of work which resulted in £17,000.
What we had done:
1. Created a good offer.
2. Dogged appropriate campaign type that aligned with the business objectives (which is most often sales).
3. Elevated reach by adding compelling creatives.
4. Implemented retargeting on every stage of the funnel.
Now let’s dissect it briefly.
- Most e-commerce businesses go through an initial period of fast and in some cases unexpected growth. This is usually to do with the popularity of the product they sell or market demand rather than the implementation of any advanced strategy.
- Sometimes all you need is to make a sensible offer. If you’re a mature store with an engaging customer base, then it’s relatively simple. If no one knows you yet, look into different options e.g.: risk reversal, bonuses, guarantees, etc. That’s exactly what we did with this particular client.
- Remember: Relational buyers will fear getting stuck with the wrong product. Transactional buyers fear that shipping fees will ruin their great deal, especially if they want to return it (and they will return anything they don’t like).
“Risk reversal” turns “risky” into “safe.”
- The best performing creatives with the highest CTR are proven to be made by customers themselves. To incentive them, launch a competition campaign on all fronts including email, ads, organic. In this case, we did them ourselves to look like they were done by customers.
- As you may know, your most profitable CPC can be found in retargeting. Don’t just retarget those who visited. I often see stores being arrogantly lazy with it. Make sure you personalise your retargeting ads and do it for every step in your website funnel.
Hope these are valuable. Any questions let me know.